DEXTER, Iowa (AP) — That's one way to burn calories.
Des Moines television station KCCI reports that a semitrailer carrying chocolate from Hershey, Pennsylvania, caught fire on Wednesday along Interstate 80 near Dexter in west-central Iowa.
The Iowa State Patrol says the truck was headed westbound and had problems with its brakes, which eventually catching fire. The driver pulled off on the interstate onto a grassy area. The driver was able to unhook the cab from the trailer before the trailer when up in flames.
There were no injuries. But the trailer — and all of its chocolate — were destroyed.
- Trailer full of chocolate goes up in flames in Iowa
- Flames severely damage Austin home
- North Iowa man accused of stealing another trailer
- House destroyed by flames in Dodge County
- Garage destroyed by flames in Rochester
- Half of charges dropped for trashed trailer
- Trailers, snowmobiles reported stolen in Rochester
- Trailer home fire causes $25,000 in damage
- Trailer tips over south of Mason City
- Flames destroy a porch in a southwest Rochester neighborhood