CHARLES CITY, Iowa – A new trial date and location have been decided for a man accused of sexual abuse.
62-year-old Doug Lindaman of Charles City was convicted of sexually abusing a 17-year-old boy, but that conviction was overturned by the Iowa Supreme Court because it said Lindaman should not have been allowed to act as his own attorney.
A second trial was moved to Franklin County but it ended in a mistrial on February 23 when a witness mentioned Lindaman’s criminal history.
A third trial has now been scheduled to begin on April 9 and this one will be held in Cerro Gordo County.
- Third sex abuse trial set for Doug Lindaman
- Mistrial declared in Lindaman sex abuse trial
- New trial date for Doug Lindaman
- Another guilty verdict for Doug Lindaman
- Sex abuse trial set for man convicted of attempted murder
- "Movie money" trial set
- Austin sex abuser sentenced
- Lindaman facing charge of tampering with witnesses or jurors
- Accused sex abuser found incompetent to stand trial
- Sentencing set for Dodge/Olmsted county sex abuse