Scroll for more content...
The Barrel Drive-In opened for business in the 1950s and was one of Clear Lake’s main dining attractions for decades.
In November, it was announced Casey’s was purchasing the property.
The demolition began Monday morning, and when news spread of the construction many responded on social media about its significance.
“Went there on our first date 59 years ago, married for 58 years. Good memory,” Larry Degen said on KIMT’s Facebook page.
- The Barrel Drive-In, a Clear Lake classic, is being demolished
- SAW: Clear Lake's Gretchen Jones
- Clear Lake officially ice free
- SAW: Clear Lake Boys Golf
- SAW: Clear Lake's Chloe Mueller
- Huge weekend for Clear Lake's Eric Faught
- Clear Lake man sentenced for federal fraud
- Mobile home fire in Clear Lake
- Clear Lake Chamber announces annual awards
- Vehicle goes through ice on Clear Lake