KIMT NEWS 3 — 17 days after being trapped in a cave, the 12 members of the Thai Wild Boars soccer team and their coach are freed from the cave last night.
KIMT spoke with a Thai University student. He says the rescue is pulling the entire nation of Thailand together. "Everyone was tuned in. Everyone was worried. Even the prime minister and the king got involved and yeah, we were all worried. We really wanted these boys to be alright and survive the whole deal, " explains Jaymes Saengsantitham.
The rescue is the result of an intricate 3-day operation utilizing help from experts from all over the world.
- Thai soccer team finally free from the flooded cave
- Daring rescue saves all 12 boys, soccer coach from Thai cave (with video)
- 'Everyone is safe' Thai cave rescue is completed.
- NIACC soccer teams split with Scott CC
- Flooded roadways
- SAW: Austin soccer
- Cave-in kills owner of construction company
- Free Admission Sunday
- North Iowa flooding reminds residents of 2008 floods
- Flooding and flash flood warnings, Fillmore County Sheriff's warns residents