IOWA CITY, Iowa -- Investigators believe they have found the body of Mollie Tibbetts, a University of Iowa student who has been missing for more than a month.
Tibbetts vanished on July 18 from her hometown of Brooklyn, Iowa, a town of about 1,400 in central Iowa. Investigators said she was last seen on a routine jog through the streets of the city.
Below is a timeline of events regarding her disappearance and discovery:
- TIMELINE: Disappearance of Mollie Tibbetts
- Watch: Mollie Tibbetts press conference
- UPDATE: Reaction to arrest in the disappearance and death of Mollie Tibbetts
- Tracking Mollie Tibbetts' path through Fitbit data
- Mass held for Mollie Tibbetts Sunday
- Police find body believed to be Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts
- UPDATE: Man charged with the murder of Mollie Tibbetts
- Family of Mollie Tibbetts issues a public statement
- Reward money to return to donors in Mollie Tibbetts case
- Court appearance set for accused killer of Mollie Tibbetts