MANKATO, Minn. – An armed robbery early Tuesday morning turned into a car chase and a suspect on the loose.
The Blue Earth County Sheriff’s Office says deputies were called to the Le Hillier Quik Mark on 101 South Hawley Street on a report of a robbery. Witnesses said a male wearing a mask entered the store with a blunt object and ran away after getting some cash.
Deputies say they saw a black Cadillac CTS driving erratically in the area, driving through South Bend Township and eventually heading east on County Road 90 towards Highway 83. Pursuing deputies caused the Cadillac to spin out into the ditch, at which point the driver ran away and a passenger was arrested.
The passenger, Mitch Kenneth Rexford, 26 of North Aurora, Illinois, is being held in the Blue Earth County Jail on charges of aiding and abetting aggravated robbery. The driver has still not been found as of noon, though deputies are following up on reports he was seen in the area of Kodiak Lane south of County Road 90 in the hours following the chase.
The driver is described as a male between 20 and 30 years old with a shaved head.
Mankato Department of Public Safety, North Mankato Police Department, Nicollet County Sheriff’s Office, Tri-City Police Department, and the Minnesota State Patrol all assisted with this incident.
- Suspect on the loose after Blue Earth County robbery
- Second suspect in Blue Earth County robbery is caught
- Death investigation in Blue Earth County
- UPDATE: Freeborn County woman in Blue Earth County crash
- Warning for boaters on the Blue Earth River
- Earth Day clean up extending
- Suspects sought after armed robbery in Worth County
- 2 robbery suspects sought in Rochester
- People's Climate March: 'This is my earth'
- Planting "seed bombs" to support planet Earth