FORT DODGE, Iowa (AP) — Neighbors investigating the source of a stench in Fort Dodge have found the badly decomposed body of a person.
They found the body Tuesday evening in a metal shed behind a vacant house and called police. Webster County deputy medical examiner Mark Gargano says he couldn't determine the person's gender or determine whether the body showed any significant injuries.
He says the body was being sent to the state medical examiner for an autopsy.
- Stench leads neighbors to body in Fort Dodge backyard shed
- Sewer stench stumps searchers
- Natural gas explosion in Fort Dodge
- Investigation into death at Fort Dodge plant
- Tankers filled with ethanol derail near Fort Dodge
- Northwood-Kensett superintendent in running for Fort Dodge job
- Department says 2 guards assaulted at Fort Dodge prison
- Man sought after kayak flipped in Fort Dodge river
- SUV crashes into Austin backyard
- Rollover crash in Dodge County