ROCHESTER, Minn. – A study at Mayo Clinic finds that standing instead of sitting can improve your health in many ways, including long-term weight loss.
Local business BrandHoot allows their employees to raise their desks. This gives them the option to sit or stand as they’re working.
Founder Nate Nordstrom is feeling the benefits.
"I used to get a sore back sitting all the time,” Nordstrom said. “I don't anymore."
He said being able to stand not only has health benefits, but also boosts productivity.
"That's actually something I thought I would never do and now I have a tech company. I sit and stare at a screen all day so ...” Nordstrom said. “I just feel better when you can move."
Their office also has a treadmill desk that allows employees to get steps in as they work.
- Standing while you work provides health benefits, Mayo Clinic study finds
- Mayo Clinic research finds hysterectomy health risks
- Mayo Clinic Emergency Staff Plan
- Mayo Clinic makes fundraising history
- Alzheimer's Disease Research at Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic is helping sex trafficking survivors
- Minnesota residents concerned about Mayo Clinic closures
- Mayo Clinic hosts "Stop the Bleed"
- Mayo Clinic gives Shared Value Award
- Mayo clinic in Adams is being closed