The Saint Ansgar football team was playing great football. They beat their first two postseason opponents by a combined score of 68-24, pushing them to the state semifinals for the second consecutive season.
On Friday they squared off with Hudson in a battle of undefeated teams in Class A. The game was tied in the first half 17-17, but the Pirates scored 24 unanswered points on their way to a 41-17 victory. St. Ansgar finishes the season at 11-1, losing in the semifinals for the second straight year.
Click on the video tab for highlights and reaction from Cedar Falls.
- Second half mistakes cost St. Ansgar in semifinals
- Hudson tops St. Ansgar in Class A semifinal
- Fatal crash in St. Ansgar
- Jenkins' journey at St. Ansgar
- Baldus bouncing back at St. Ansgar
- St. Ansgar man accused of federal crimes
- St. Ansgar's South Square receives grants
- St. Ansgar business awarded for innovations in agriculture manufacturing
- Remembering a St. Ansgar man killed in Wyoming avalanche
- Cinco De Mayo event planned in St. Ansgar to raise money for cancer