KIMT News 3- Many schools have their high school prom scheduled for this weekend, and with the impending weather, school officials are having to make some tough decisions.
Superintendent Doug Gee said he called many of the dance committee members on Friday before making the decision to move the dance to Sunday.
He said several components led him and the others to make this decision with the big one being kids having to drive in the winter like weather.
Gee said moving the date of prom because of snow is a pretty unique situation for all of the superintendents in our area.
“I called four other superintendents in our area, around 6:30 this morning, and asked them if they have ever experienced this before and they all said no,” Gee said.
Algona High School has also pushed their prom back to Sunday. Osage Schools has moved their prom to Sunday as well.
- Spring proms impacted by winter like weather
- Winter weather affects spring business
- Wildlife feeling the impact of winter-like weather
- Fighting the winter blues in spring
- Economic impact of Winter Dance Party
- Winter Weather & Skin Care
- Winter weather advisory in effect
- Drivers brave the winter weather
- Winter and Spring classes at MacNider Art Museum
- Local businesses are feeling the impact of winter-like conditions