CLAY COUNTY, IOWA – Authorities are investigating a fatal snowmobile crash that happened Friday.
The Iowa Department of Natural Resources says it happened around 8 pm on the Little Sioux River, near 4930 245th Avenue. 39-year-old Justin Robert Stahly of Milford was riding his snowmobile north on the frozen river when he struck a tree. Stahly was pronounced dead at the scene.
The DNR says Stahly was riding with a group of snowmobilers and was wearing a helmet at the time of the crime.
- Snowmobile death in NW Iowa
- Gas leak in NW Rochester
- Milford man dies in snowmobile crash in northwestern Iowa
- Minnesota snowmobile trails are closed
- Trailers, snowmobiles reported stolen in Rochester
- Family wants review of Minnesota snowmobile laws
- Man arrested in Mason City snowmobile thefts
- Not guilty plea in snowmobile theft
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Iowa flu deaths rise again