Scroll for more content...
Cyndi Hanson announced her candidacy Tuesday — her first run for elective office.
She says she's more moderate than the outspoken King and wants to be "a Republican alternative that is truly reflective of Iowa and the values we cherish."
The 45-year-old Hanson is executive director for South Sioux City campus of Nebraska's Northeast Community College.
The 4th Congressional District is covers the northwest quarter of Iowa.
- Sioux City woman challenging Congressman King for GOP bid
- Congressman King speaks to local leaders
- Sioux Center outlasts Osage in state semifinals
- Congressman Steve King worries about start of trade war
- Mother: Iowa girl's drowning in Sioux Falls happened in seconds
- Former Sioux Center teacher pleads guilty to abusing child
- Northwood woman charged with Burger King theft
- GOP's Bachmann mulling bid for Franken's Senate seat
- King charged with casino vandalism
- Congressman Keith Ellison Campaigns in Rochester