Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Areas Affected: Cerro Gordo; Hancock; Wright
NWS DesMoines (Central Iowa)
...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 345 PM CDT FOR NORTHWESTERN WRIGHT...SOUTHERN HANCOCK AND WEST CENTRAL CERRO GORDO COUNTIES... At 328 PM CDT, severe thunderstorms were located along a line extending from near Clear Lake to 8 miles north of Dakota City, moving east at 30 mph. At 315 PM CDT, law enforcement reported power lines down in Garner. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts. SOURCE...Law enforcement. IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees. Locations impacted include... Garner, Clear Lake, Ventura, Kanawha, Klemme and Goodell. This includes Interstate 35 between mile markers 186 and 187. HAIL...<.75IN WIND...60MPH
For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building. To report severe weather contact your nearest law enforcement agency. They will send your report to the National Weather Service office in Des Moines .
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect in north Iowa
- Flash Flood Warning in effect for north Iowa counties
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Franklin, Butler counties
- Updated: Severe thunderstorm batters north Iowa; more rain on the horizon
- North Iowa slammed by severe storms
- Photos: Severe thunderstorm damage from May 28
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued throughout viewing area
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch issued until 9 p.m.
- Tow ban in effect for many north Iowa counties
- Norovirus warning in Iowa