SOUTHERN MINNESOTA – Snowy and icy conditions have contributed to numerous auto accidents across southern Minnesota on Saturday and Sunday.
The State Patrol says a southbound car on Highway 52 driven by Mohamed Mohamud Yusuf, 20 of Rochester, went out of control around 8 am Sunday and hit the concrete median barrier between 6th and 12th streets in Rochester. Yusuf was taken to St. Mary’s for treatment of a non-life threatening injury.
Around 5:30 pm on Saturday, an SUV driven by Christiana Totaye, 25 of Des Moines, Iowa, was northbound on Interstate 35 in Freeborn County when she lost control and rolled. The State Patrol says Totaye was not hurt but four passengers also from Des Moines were injured. Jonathan Holman, 3, Hawa Kemokai, 23, Hannah Payne, 22, and Victor Richards, 19, were transported to Owatonna Hospital for treatment of non-life threatening injuries.
There was another crash just after 5 pm Saturday on Highway 52, north of County Road 1 in Goodhue County. Olga Emaline Meillier, 21 of Rochester, was driving south when she hit a guardrail. She was taken to St. Mary’s with what is described as a non-life threatening injury. Two passengers were not hurt.
And at around noon Saturday on Interstate 35 in Rice County, a northbound semi jackknifed near the intersection of Highway 21 in Faribault. A pickup truck driven by Jeremy Paul Roberts, 24 of Marshalltown, Iowa, stopped to check on the semi driver. That’s when another northbound semi hit the pickup and the first semi. A car driven by Brandan Chase Alliman, 23 of Port Clinton, Ohio, then rear ended the second semi. The only one hurt in this multi-vehicle collision was one of the semi drivers, Lurie Roman, 27 of Bronx, New York. He was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center with a non-life threatening injury.
- Several hurt in weekend crashes across southern Minnesota.
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash
- 1 killed in southern Minnesota motorcycle crash
- Two more weekend auto accidents in southern Minnesota
- Minnesota demographer: Question will hurt census accuracy
- Chase and arrest in southern MInnesota
- Arrest in southern Minnesota drug raid
- Foot of snow projected for southern Minnesota
- Chase and drug arrest in southern Minnesota
- Opposition growing to southern Minnesota wind projects