GARNER, Iowa – Two of the three men charged in a pair of rural Hancock County burglaries have now been sentenced.
Authorities say 43-year-old Michael Anthony Christiansen of Chanhassen, Minnesota told 43-year-old Chad William Traeger and 44-year-old Matthew Wayne Jones, both of Eagle Grove, to go to a home in the 1400 block of Welch Avenue on two different days and remove certain items. Court documents state that Christiansen claimed he was going to be renting the place and has permission to clean it up, but that was not true.
Traeger and Jones both pleaded guilty to one count of 4th degree theft and were sentenced Tuesday to seven days in jail. They must also pay $315 fines and restitution to the victim.
Christiansen has pleaded not guilty to two counts of 3rd degree burglary. His next court appearance is set for January 9, 2018.
- Sentences handed out in rural Hancock County burglaries
- Three sentenced for rural Floyd County burglary
- Woman sentenced in deadly Hancock County crash
- Second arrest in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- One not guilty plea in Hancock County storage unit burglaries
- Hancock County woman sentenced for stealing pain medication
- Second multi-decade sentence for Hancock County robbery
- Probation for Hancock County woman
- Final sentence in Franklin County burglary
- Fire in rural Worth County