NEW HAMPTON, Iowa – The couple accused of leaving their infant son alone until he died will have separate trials.
20-year-old Cheyanne Harris and 28-year-old Zachary Koehn are both charged with 1st degree murder in the death of their four-month-old son Sterling. Authorities say the baby was found dead in his infant swing on August 30 in an Alta Vista apartment and that a study of maggots on the body indicated Sterling hadn’t had a bath, diaper change, or been removed from the swing in over a week.
Harris is set to stand trial in Chickasaw County District Court on January 31, 2018. Koehn’s trial is scheduled for January 3, 2018.
- Second trial date set in death of Chickasaw County baby
- Trial moved in Chickasaw County baby death
- Trial date set for accused killer
- Venue change request in Chickasaw Co. baby death trial being considered
- Trial date set for man accused of murdering son
- UPDATE: Trial date set in Mason City double murder case
- "Movie money" trial set
- Court documents: 'Failure to provide critical care' reason for Chickasaw Co. baby death
- New trial date for Doug Lindaman
- Trial set in deadly Humboldt County collision