AUSTIN, Minn. – A man missing since Monday was found alive at his home Thursday.
72-year-old Dennis Hanson was located by Austin police at his residence in Austin at 4:58 pm. He was taken to Mayo Clinic Health Systems in Austin. No further details are being released at this time.
Authorities say they wish to thank everyone in the community for their assistance and support in the search.
His daughter posted about his discovery on the "Find Dennis Hanson" Facebook page. Click here for more info.
AUSTIN, Minn. - 72 year old Dennis Hanson left his house Monday morning and hasn't been seen since.
Since then, dozens of volunteers have spent hours looking for him. Hanson's family is grateful for the support.
"We want to thank everyone for all the help and hopefully we can find him soon," said Hanson's nephew, Eric Sanvick.
Authorities want to thank community members for their help, but they also want to remind them to be very careful while they're out searching.
"We've got a deer hunt going on this weekend so people will be out hunting. Be cognizant of what you're wearing, blending in with your surroundings, maybe somebody may mistake you for an animal," said Mower County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Mark May.
Authorities have also gotten reports of people searching on private property, so they suggest asking the landowner for permission.
They also want to remind volunteers to be careful while searching corn fields because a lot of farmers are harvesting their crops right now.
A group of volunteers is planning a big search for Saturday. If you have any information on Hanson's whereabouts, you're asked to contact the Austin Police Department or the Mower County Sheriff's Office.
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found alive
- UPDATE: Missing Austin man found
- UPDATE: Missing Hampton man found in Nebraska
- UPDATE: Missing Winneshiek County man found
- Minivan missing after Austin burglary
- Dozens of volunteers search for missing Austin man
- Knife found at Austin High School
- Jail time for Austin man
- UPDATE: 16-year-old missing from Mason City has been found
- UPDATE: Man 'lucky to be alive' after falling 70-80 feet into grain bin in Conger