ROCHESTER, Minn. - Rochester Moms' Blogs collected donates at the Ronald McDonald House on Tuesday.
The donations are given to families in need at the Ronald McDonald House.
"We set up a snowflake room here in the house where families can go shopping for their kids for free, so they don't have to worry about the financial impact the holidays may have," Angela Christensen, Development Coordinator at the Ronald Mcdonald House, said.
The house also sets up a room where kids can shop for their parents.
While the day of donating is over, people can still participate by purchasing an item from the Ronald McDonald House Amazon Wish-List or dropping off a donate to the house.
"At the house we celebrate a lot more than just the holidays. We celebrate birthdays, we celebrate anniversaries, last treatments and things like that. So in reality these gives that we receive today might be used all year long," Christensen said.
She said they are always in need of Leggos and gifts for babies.
Learn more about the #GiveJoy campaign here.
- Rochester moms and Ronald Mcdonald House help families in need
- Ronald McDonald house expansion
- Ronald McDonald House breaking ground
- Signing Opportunity: Ronald McDonald House Expansion Project
- Ronald McDonald House reaches out for support
- McDonald's changes apple pie recipe
- Small fire in Rochester house
- Family homeless shelter floods in Rochester
- Twins donate signed jersey to Rochester family
- Happy Meals at McDonalds to change