ROCHESTER, Minn. – The city of Rochester is looking for a new member of its Police Civil Service Commission.
The commission is made up of three citizens and is responsible for overseeing actions of the Rochester Police Department like promotions and the hiring of new officers.
Once applications are in, Rochester Mayor Ardell Brede will look interview applicants and then make recommendations to Rochester City Council. The City Council will then appoint a new member.
Applications are due February 20, 2018. The Mayor’s Office said they hope to have a new member in place by April 1st.
- Two citizens help foil shoplifting attempt at Rochester mall
- Rochester groups provide art workshops for senior citizens
- World Citizen Award for RCTC student
- Citizens recognized for leadership in community
- Probation for Rochester man
- #GIVINGTUESDAY comes to Rochester
- Kitchen fire in Rochester
- Shots fired in Rochester
- Outlaw sentenced in Rochester