ROCHESTER, Minn. – A 28-year-old male said he was robbed after meeting a man while drinking downtown.
Police said the male was in the area of Premier Bank in the 400 block of 1st Ave. SW.
According to the victim, he and the black male were having a conversation about smoking marijuana and left the bar.
The victim said the male kept following him and at one point the suspect said he had a handgun and threatened the victim to withdraw money from an ATM.
The victim withdrew a small amount of cash and handed it to the suspect before being pushed to the ground. He was then punched and kicked, according to police.
No arrest has been made.
- Rochester Police: Man forced to withdraw money from ATM before being kicked, punched
- My Money Monday, May 21: Protecting yourself from ATM fraud
- Rochester Mayor kick off EarthFest 2018
- Cleanup money approved for downtown Rochester development
- Probation for Rochester man
- Polk County detective accused of punching man in Ankeny bar
- Mason City man accused of punching pregnant woman in stomach
- Iowa sheriff's detective gets probation for punching man in bar
- Police: Man punched officer in face after OWI in Clear Lake
- Police officer suffers injury after being 'sucker punched' by intoxicated man taken to hospital