On Saturday, local organization We Bike Rochester organized and hosted the 2018 Bike Summit. The event included speakers on a variety of cycling-related topics such as city bicyle infrastructure, the positive benefits of biking, and creating a biking culture.
Cyclist Steve Jorgensen used to commute on bike from Stewartville to Rochester. Since moving to Rochester, he continues to bike to work. He says his commute is much more enjoyable on bike.
The event began at 9AM and concluded at 2:30PM. It was followed by a networking social at Forager Brewery.
- Rochester Bike Summit 2018
- 1 injured after vehicle vs. bike accident in Rochester
- Bicycle playground in Rochester teaches kids bike safety
- Learning bike safety
- Women's March 2018 happens in Rochester
- Rochester Mayor kick off EarthFest 2018
- Adults bike to work on 'Bike to School Day'
- Police hold bike helmet sale
- Local students attend STEAM Summit
- Debut of Cops and Kids Community Bike Program in Rochester: 'We just want to keep the kids safe'