Scroll for more content...
Courtny Beal of Mason City was one of those out on the slick roadways. She said she had a doctor’s appointment, but wishes she didn’t have drive.
“I’m definitely going under the speed limit I’ll say that, even in town,” said Beal.
And it’s not just those who are driving that are concerned about deteriorating road conditions.
“Those walking across the street have problems too,” said Alan Callahan of Mason City.
Callahan walks everywhere in town and said he takes extra care when road conditions start getting bad.
“I always let them go across the street before me,” he said.
While those with KIMT Storm Team 3 say the worst is behind us, both Courtney and Alan say people needed to take their time if they were driving Monday.
“I’m definitely ready for spring,” said Beal. “But I’m drive like it’s good old Iowa winter weather.”
- Road conditions quickly change from snowstorm
- Quick changing road conditions
- Flights canceled, roads treacherous amid spring snowstorms
- Snowstorm causes airport delays
- Warmer temperatures affecting road conditions
- April snowstorm expected to batter viewing area
- Road conditions causing accidents in southern MN
- Road conditions in IA and MN
- Road conditions not ideal for drivers
- UPDATE: Sunday snowstorm beginning to come into focus