Scroll for more content...
Those with the Mason City Police Department say they have written 615 fines through the first of the year to residents who did not follow the City’s alternate side parking ordinance.
The ordinance basically states that in case of a snow storm resident’s move to the side of the street with the following day’s dates. So, if alternates side parking is put in place on an even day, residents should move to the odd side of the street by 7 PM and vice versa.
Dave Sappenfield of Mason City has lived here his whole life and says the ordinance isn’t too difficult
“That’s a lot of tickets, people just need to pay attention especially if you have lived her long enough,” he said.
The ordinance is in place to allow snow removal crews to clean off both sides of the street overnight.
- Recent snow storms are costing Mason City Residents
- City reminds residents of snow removal ordinance
- Residents react to the snow
- Residents react to more snow
- Flood cleanup kits offered to Mason City residents
- Residents cleaning up in Mason City's Eastbrooke neighborhood
- Mason City Police ask residents to stay home
- Recent uptick in vehicle crashes have residents concerned
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- Report: Mason City's cost of living is second-lowest in Iowa