ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — A Ramsey County judge is facing his second drunken driving charge.
A criminal complaint filed Tuesday charges District Court Judge Gurdip Singh Atwal with two counts of third-degree driving while intoxicated, careless driving and failing to stop for a stop sign.
The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the complaint says the judge, who goes by Judge G. Tony Atwal, had a blood alcohol content of more than twice the legal limit when he was stopped for speeding in St. Paul early on New Year's Day.
The 43-year-old judge pleaded guilty to drunken driving in 2007 in Washington County. His attorney says he may have a comment following a court appearance expected Tuesday afternoon.
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com
- Ramsey County judge charged with drunken driving
- Iowa school superintendent gets probation for drunken driving
- Iowa lawmaker gets probation for drunken driving, gun violation
- Man pleads guilty to drunken crimes
- Floyd woman sentenced for drunken crash
- Byron man accused of drunken car chase pleads not guilty
- City of Albert Lea to renovate former Ramsey School into apartments
- Judge rules against former Cerro Gordo County jail inmate
- Driving in whiteout conditions
- Dangers of dehydrated driving