MASON CITY, Iowa – A section of 19th Street SW will be closed Thursday for repair work on a railroad crossing.
Traffic will be shut down between South Pierce Avenue and South Benjamin Avenue, beginning in the morning and lasting until later in the afternoon, depending on the weather.
A detour will be in place redirecting traffic onto South Pierce Avenue, 15th Street SW, and South Benjamin Avenue.
The City Engineering Department urges drivers to not enter a work zone and be careful when driving near one.
- Railroad crossing closed Thursday in Mason City
- Railroad crossing to close in Hanlontown
- UPDATED: Railroad 'Quiet Zone' work starts Monday in Mason City
- Water valve replacement closing Mason City street
- Woman and boy found dead at Iowa railroad crossing
- Update: 58-year-old man killed at railroad crossing
- 22nd Annual Model Railroad Show
- Watch for railroad emergency signs
- Community Kitchen in Mason City closed after pipe breaks
- UPDATE: Ruby Tuesday in Mason City closes early