Scroll for more content...
Parker Dillon is with "Project Hope for our Homeless". He and his friends are collecting donations and funds for those living homeless in the area. Both homeless shelters in Mason City say there's more people coming in now compared to last year fueling the need for donations.
Dillon says he's helping because he's tired of turning a blind eye to those with signs on the corners needing help.
“It’s kind of unsettling to know that could easily be me right there as it is them,” Dillon said.
Dillon and his friends are asking for clothes, bedding, and household items.
- Project Hope for our Homeless looking to make a difference
- Riders hope to make a difference
- A look at the differences between developers for downtown project
- My Money Monday, Feb. 19 - What makes a credit union different from a bank?
- Little hats, big hearts project
- Iowa 122 reconstruction project begins
- April snow slows city projects
- 122 project impacting local businesses
- Homeless on the move in Des Moines
- Eastern Iowa homeless shelter is "overwhelmed"