OSAGE, Iowa – A Mitchell County man has been sentenced to probation for his part in a fatal crash.
Justin William Slaichert, 22 of St. Ansgar, was initially charged with supplying alcohol to someone under the legal age – resulting in death for the January 6 crash that killed his girlfriend, Hannah Nichole Pfeifer. Authorities say Slaichert bought Pfeifer three beers before the accident that killed her and a post-mortem check of her blood alcohol content tested out at over twice the legal limit.
Slaichert reached a deal with Mitchell County prosecutors to plead guilty to a lesser charge, supplying alcohol to a person under legal age (serious injury), an aggravated misdemeanor. He has now been ordered to spend two to three years on supervised probation and pay a $625 fine.
- Probation in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Plea deal in fatal Mitchell County crash
- UPDATE: Drivers identified in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Not guilty plea in fatal Mitchell County crash
- Waterloo man gets probation in Mitchell County sex crime case
- Charge filed in deadly Mitchell County crash
- New Mitchell County supervisor appointed
- Mitchell County Special Election Results
- Mitchell County facing doctor shortage
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County