PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is saying there won’t be protection for young immigrants brought into the country illegally unless he gets funding for a border wall and other items.
Trump said on Twitter Friday: “The Democrats have been told, and fully understand, that there can be no DACA without the desperately needed WALL at the Southern Border and an END to the horrible Chain Migration & ridiculous Lottery System of Immigration etc.”
He added: “We must protect our Country at all cost!
The battle over immigration has been delayed until next year. Democrats want protections for the young immigrants, who are referred to as “Dreamers.” But while there is significant bipartisan sympathy for these immigrants, GOP demands for Trump’s border wall and for immigration agents have proved difficult to resolve.
- President links DACA help with border wall
- President Trump wants military to secure border with Mexico
- Sleep Linked to Memory Troubles
- President to "immediately" deploy the National Guard at the U.S./Mexico border
- Minnesota study links gender and speech
- Minnesota illnesses linked to vegetable trays
- Disease outbreak linked to Goodhue County campground
- President waives Iran sanctions