DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Police say a business owner shot and killed a burglar in southern Des Moines.
Sgt. Paul Parizek says the man was loading items from Kraft 5 Star Muffler into a stolen truck Wednesday morning when the repair shop owner arrived for work. The man confronted the owner instead of fleeing.
Parizek says it looks like a "stand your ground" case, but a decision on any charges will come from the Polk County attorney's office.
The Iowa law says people don't have to retreat before using deadly force if they think their lives are being threatened.
The names of those involved haven't been released.
- Police say Iowa business owner fatally shot burglar
- Minnesota man killed by Iowa business owner
- Iowa business owner won't be charged for killing Minnesota man
- Trial set in fatal northeast Iowa shooting
- Iowa man identified after being fatally shot by officer after brandishing gun
- Cement plant burglar pleads guilty
- Probation for cement plant burglar
- Salvation Army burglarized and vandalized
- Robbery suspect shot dead in central Iowa
- Iowa record store owner indicted in hidden camera case