EAGLE GROVE, Iowa (AP) — A 55-year-old woman has been identified as the person killed in a north-central Iowa house fire.
The Messenger reports that Eagle Grove police have confirmed the body found by firefighters Monday night was that of Laurie McPherson.
Two other occupants escaped the blaze but required medical help.
Fire Chief Tom Peterson says an electrical fire in the kitchen spread through the rear of the structure.
- Police confirm name of woman killed in Eagle Grove fire
- Fire chief says 1 person killed, 1 hurt in Eagle Grove blaze
- Eagle Grove student targeted by racial comments speaks out
- 2 people fired after 'deplorable' comments surface directed at Eagle Grove basketball team
- Eagle Grove superintendent: 'Diversity has been something that has saved our community.”
- Police confirm reports of shots fired in Austin
- Watch: The Decorah eagle cam
- Officer identified in Maple Grove shooting
- Mason City fire officials ID woman killed in house fire
- "Jumping worms" confirmed in Iowa