MASON CITY, Iowa – Choking a police chief is sending a man to jail.
37-year-old Daniel Tyree of Mason City pleaded guilty to assault on a peace officer for a January 12 incident where authorities say he put Nora Springs Police Chief Jesse Dugan in a “choke hold.”
The 6-foot-9, 310 pound Tyree will spend 100 days behind bars, with credit for time served, and must pay a $315 fine.
- Police chief choker sentenced to jail
- Osage man sentenced to jail
- North Iowa escapee sentenced to more jail time
- Servantez sentenced
- Scarcello sentenced
- Interim police chief named in Rochester
- Rochester police chief candidate removed from consideration
- Franklin named Rochester's new police chief
- New police chief appointed by Mayor Brede
- Rochester Police Policy Oversight Commission discussion on Police Chief