MASON CITY, Iowa – Choking a police chief is sending a man to jail.
37-year-old Daniel Tyree of Mason City pleaded guilty to assault on a peace officer for a January 12 incident where authorities say he put Nora Springs Police Chief Jesse Dugan in a “choke hold.”
The 6-foot-9, 310 pound Tyree will spend 100 days behind bars, with credit for time served, and must pay a $315 fine.
- Police chief choker sentenced to jail
- Servantez sentenced
- Scarcello sentenced
- Interim police chief named in Rochester
- Rochester police chief candidate removed from consideration
- Rochester Police Policy Oversight Commission discussion on Police Chief
- North Iowa police chase sends St. Paul man to jail
- Iowa council fires police chief accused of racist, sexist emails
- Finalists named in search for new Rochester police chief
- Rochester closer to finding next police chief after community forum