ROCHESTER, Minn. – A man is facing a drug charge while authorities continue to investigate allegations of sexual abuse.
Christoper Watson, 29 of Rochester, has been officially charged with 3rd degree drug possession in a school/park zone. Rochester police say they searched Watson's apartment on Thursday and found a small baggie in a kitchen cupboard that tested positive for cocaine. Officers say they also found two digital scales, one of which had a white powdery substance on it that also tested postive for cocaine.
Police say Watson's apartment is within one block of Soldiers Memorial Field, Roy Sutherland Playground, and several city bike trails.
When authorities announced Watson's arrest Thursday morning, they said he was also being charged with 1st degree sexual assault for abusing a 12-year-old boy. However, the Olmsted County Attorney's Office says there needs to be more investigation of the matter and Watson is not being charged with that crime at the present time.
- UPDATE: Rochester man not being charged for sexually abusing young boy
- Man charged with sexual assault in Rochester
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to sexually abusing a child
- UPDATE: Accused sex abuser back in Rochester
- Rochester man pleads not guilty to child sex abuse charge
- Dealing with sexual abuse
- Chickasaw Co. man charged with three counts of sexual abuse
- Hancock County man facing 4 felony sexual abuse charges
- Forest City man facing felony sexual abuse charge
- Man facing felony sexual abuse charge in Cerro Gordo Co.