MASON CITY, Iowa – A man is facing a felony domestic abuse charge for allegedly choking out a woman twice.
Brandon Benson, 26, of Mason City, is being held in the Cerro Gordo County Jail on 5,000 bond in relation to an incident that occurred June 15 in the 400 block of 1st St. NE.
Police say Benson strangled a woman to the point where she lost consciousness and “after she came to he did it again.”
The woman also had bruising on her legs.
- Police: Mason City man charged for choking out woman
- Mason City woman facing felony drug charges
- Mason City woman arrested on drug charges
- Mason City man and woman facing 4 felony drug charges
- Mason City man charged with stealing snowmobiles
- Mason City man charged with a stabbing
- Police: Wanted Mason City man arrested after abusing woman
- Police: Mason City man charged with harassment after threatening to kill woman
- Mason City woman pleads guilty to marijuana charge
- UPDATE: Mason City police: Juvenile charged after threat toward school