Scroll for more content...
Police say 24-year-old Julio Mendez, of Austin, is facing charges for second-degree assault, fifth-degree assault and disorderly conduct after an incident around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Police say a mix of people who did and did not know each other went to a gas station and on the way back Mendez began acting irrational.
Mendez and the 23-year-old driver allegedly got into an argument and that’s when Mendez pulled a knife and threatened to stab the driver in the 2800 block of 43rd St. NW.
Police say Mendez threw the knife into the snow before the two got into a physical fight.
Mendez was located on W. Frontage Rd. and was taken into custody.
- Police: Austin man facing charges for allegedly pulling knife at hotel party
- Austin man pleads guilty to knife threat
- Man facing burglary charge in Austin
- Knife found at Austin High School
- Man facing charges after party disturbance
- Man facing attempted murder charges in relation to Austin fire
- Rochester teen accused of pulling a knife on his neighbor
- Man taken into custody after allegedly threatening to kill person with knife
- Police: Man shot dead in Boone after he charged police with knife
- Austin man takes plea on drug charge