URBANDALE, Iowa (AP) — Court records indicate a former information technology worker for the city of Urbandale will change his plea on charges that he stole from the city library.
Forty-year-old Chad Nielsen pleaded not guilty in December to one misdemeanor and eight felony counts of theft. Police say he took more than $47,000 worth of computer hardware from the library between March 2016 and his arrest in October last year.
The records say Nielsen and his attorney have been working on a plea deal with prosecutors. His plea hearing is scheduled for March 19. Last month Nielsen asked the court for permission to pay some restitution before his plea hearing or sentencing.
He no longer works for the city.
- Plea hearing set for ex-Urbandale employee in theft case
- Guilty plea in multi-county north Iowa theft case
- Not guilty plea in lottery ticket theft
- Guilty plea in Mason City jewelry theft
- Not guilty plea in wiring theft
- Guilty pleas in Mason City theft
- Guilty plea in paintball gun theft
- Not guilty plea in snowmobile theft
- Plea deal in lottery ticket theft
- Trial set in Cresco car theft