MASON CITY, Iowa – A man accused of a knifepoint robbery is pleading not guilty.
28-year-old Zachary Michael Russell of Mason City is charged with 2nd degree robbery and tampering with a witness. He’s accused of holding a knife to a man’s throat and stomach on November 27 before stealing his phone and around $500. Authorities say Russell’s actions were also intended to influence the victim’s testimony in another criminal case.
Mason City police say the robbery happened in the 1600 block of North Pennsylvania Avenue.
Russell’s trial has been scheduled for February 13, 2018.
- Not guilty plea in knifepoint robbery
- Guilty plea in knifepoint robbery in Rochester
- Knifepoint robbery reported in Rochester
- Guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- Second guilty plea in alley robbery
- Not guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- Second not guilty plea in GameStop robbery
- Guilty plea in Cold Stone Creamery robbery
- Second guilty plea for gunpoint robbery in Hancock County
- Plea entered in Rochester robbery