ELDORA, Iowa – Half of a Hardin County couple charged with 1st degree kidnapping is pleading not guilty.
Traci Lynn Tyler, 39 of Ackley, and Alex Craig Shadlow, 30 of Ackley, are accused of keeping Shadlow’s biological son locked up in a six foot by six foot area under the basement stairs in their Ackley home. Authorities say the boy was forced to stay there at least nine hours each day before being released to go to school. Court documents say the boy was forced to sleep on the cement floor and was given a small tin can to use as a bathroom.
Tyler entered a not guilty plea on Monday and a pre-trial conference is set to take place on September 10. Court documents show Shadlow has not entered a plea yet.
- Not guilty plea in Hardin County kidnapping
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County kidnapping
- Not guilty plea for kidnapping and assault
- Guilty plea in Mower County kidnap/rape case
- Hancock County man pleads guilty to kidnapping
- Guilty plea in Olmsted County crash
- Guilty plea in Freeborn County sex assault
- Not guilty plea in Howard County killing
- Guilty plea in Wright County sex abuse
- Second guilty plea in Winneshiek County fight