GARNER, Iowa – A trial has been set for a man accused of setting fire to a house with people inside.
Dontau Tahrel Smith, 43 of Garner, pleaded not guilty Monday to one count of 1st degree arson.
Authorities say Smith started a small fire at the bottom of the stairs in his home after an argument with a roommate on April 14. The roommate told law enforcement that Smith talked about “burning them while they sleep.”
Smith’s trial is scheduled to begin on July 11 in Hancock County District Court.
- Not guilty plea in Garner arson case
- Not guilty plea in Osage marijuana case
- Guilty plea in Austin drug/gun case
- Not guilty plea in bad check case
- Guilty plea in Rochester child porn case
- Guilty plea in Austin rape case
- Not guilty plea in Rochester cocaine case
- Guilty plea in Rochester murder case
- Guilty plea in Mason City forgery case
- Justice Department leaning against charges in Eric Garner case