DECORAH, Iowa – A northeast Iowa woman is pleading not guilty to hitting and starving her three-year-old daughter.
Monica Flores, 28 of rural Cresco, is charged with child endangerment in Winneshiek County. Authorities say her daughter had “major bruising” to her neck, torso, and legs, and was found to be malnourished. The criminal complaint stated the bruises appeared to come from blows over a length of time.
Flores is now scheduled to stand trial starting on August 29.
- Northeast Iowa woman pleads not guilty to child endangerment
- Dubuque mom pleads not guilty to child endangerment
- Woman accused of child endangerment gets probation
- Winnebago Co. woman arrested for child endangerment
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads not guilty to drug charge
- Northeast Iowa teen pleads guilty to multiple burglaries
- Child's death under investigation in northeast Iowa
- Prison sentence for Charles City child endangerment
- Charles City man charged with child endangerment
- Victim's family: No prison for woman guilty of child endangerment is 'slap in the face'