DES MOINES, Iowa – Some North Iowans were honored at the 2018 Iowa State Fair Oenology-Wine competition.
Mary Hackman of Ventura was awarded Best of Hose for the Grape Wine Division, took third place for Homegrown Sweet Red, first for Homegrown Sweet White, and first place for Rhubarb.
David Underwood of Clear Lake was third in the Dry White category.
Roger Walston of Clear Lake was second in the Homegrown Grape Dry Red category.
Thomas Waldschmidt of Mason City got third place for Appertif and Dessert, first for Berry Dry, second for Berry Sweet, and took first and third for Dessert.
Eugene Huber of Clear Lake came in first in the Fruit Sweet category.
- North Iowans honored for wine at State Fair
- Two North Iowans race in Boston Marathon
- NE Iowan to be honored 76 years after his death
- Picking grapes for wine
- North Iowans playing and coaching in All-Star baseball series
- UPDATE: Two North Iowans hurt in Mower County crash.
- Two Iowans injured in crash north of Dover
- Some Iowans to return to state-run Medicaid
- Iowans get moving during annual Healthiest State Walk
- NE Iowans crash in SE Minnesota