MASON CITY, Iowa – Another family has received transportation thanks to the “Wheels for Work” program.
Mason City Motor Company, United Way of North Central Iowa, and North Iowa Community Action Organization combined to provide the vehicle to the Piippo family, allowing a mother of two to get to her full-time job. Abigail Piippo says before this, she did not have reliable transport for work or childcare.
The United Way of North Central Iowa says to qualify for “Wheels for Work,” the Piippo family had to go through a rigorous application process and meet stringent criteria. The vehicle was donated by Mason City Motor Company after it was repaired and given a safety inspection.
- North Iowa family benefits from "Wheels for Work"
- Hancock County family gets 'Wheels for Work'
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced
- Weather update in North Iowa
- Benefit for Fallen Officers
- Iowa tweaks anti-abortion family planning program
- Iowa tax cuts could save families money