Scroll for more content...
“We are absolutely thrilled to be recognized as one of the top Relay For Life events for fundraising per capita in the country, not only this year, but for the second year in a row,” said Steve Lovik, American Cancer Society.
The annual event in North Iowa has been ranked #4 in the U.S. for raising money in communities between 10,000 and 14,999.
“Our Winnebago County Relay For Life teams worked extremely hard throughout the year to make this award possible. We couldn’t be more proud of every person on every team and our valued corporate sponsors. It’s a tribute to the entire community that we were able to make such a huge impact on the fight against cancer,” said county chairwoman Carolyn Sunde.
The 2018 Winnebago County Relay For Life event is scheduled on June 23 in Forest City.
- North Iowa cancer fighting fundraiser among most successful in America
- North Iowa Gives Back Facebook page showing success
- Ryan Faught fights for success at NIACC
- Fundraising in eastern Iowa for "inclusive" playground
- Iowa Governor makes stop in north Iowa
- Prison for North Iowa arsonist
- Governor candidate in North Iowa
- 'Vision North Iowa' plan announced
- During cancer fight, 10-year-old providing inspiration for many
- Iowa school district apologizes to student in cancer recovery