AMES, Iowa (AP) — Officials say a bus carrying the touring cast and crew of "Dancing with the Stars" was involved in a large pileup during a snow storm in central Iowa, but no one on the bus was seriously hurt.
Iowa State University says the Monday crash resulted in the cancellation of "Dancing with the Stars: Live! Light Up The Night" on the campus in Ames. The university says some people on the bus suffered minor injuries.
Actor and singer Jordan Fisher won the ABC dancing competition last year. He tweeted: "Thanking God for the safety of our crew. Thanks for the prayers and well-wishes."
The Iowa State Patrol says the bus was involved in a 19-vehicle pileup that killed one person along Interstate 80 near Grinnell, about 60 miles (96 kilometers) southeast of Ames. Another pileup of between 50 and 70 vehicles along Interstate 35 near Ames also killed one person and critically injured several others.
- UPDATE: 'Dancing with the Stars' bus involved in Monday crash
- 9 injured in crash involving bus
- 'Dancing with the Stars: Athletes' cast revealed
- 'Dancing with the Stars' features all athletes
- Authorities respond to crash involving school bus in southern MN
- School bus involved in traffic incident
- UPDATE: School district says no one hurt in Monday bus crash
- Bus/car crash near Rudd
- 'Dancing With the Stars' pros share first wedding photo
- Adam Rippon wins 'Dancing with The Stars: Athletes'