OLMSTED COUNTY, Minn. – A man is now in custody and facing charges after leading police on a chase and threatening to steal squad cars.
KIMT was on the scene early Wednesday morning as 35-year-old Jeremy Wilburn, of Rochester, fled authorities before losing control of his vehicle and fleeing on foot. Deputies found the Wilburn hiding in a field where he was taken into custody.
The Olmsted County Sheriff’s Office says Wilburn had a warrant for his arrest for felony financial transaction. He is now facing a charge for fleeing in a motor vehicle.
At 12:37 a.m., Rochester police tried to pull over a vehicle for speeding at 3rd Ave. and 4th St. SE. The pursuit was discontinued before an Olmsted County Deputy attempted to pull the vehicle over on County Rd. 9 until it reached 70th Ave. when it entered the south ditch.
- UPDATED: Man arrested after chase threatened to steal squad cars in Olmsted Co.
- UPDATE: Wanted man arrested in Olmsted County
- UPDATE: Man facing life-threatening injuries after Olmsted County crash
- Man arrested after allegedly stealing car, leading authorities on high-speed chase
- Plea deal in Olmsted County chase
- Mower County man pleads guilty to Olmsted County chase
- Dodge County man gets probation in Olmsted County chase
- Rochester Police: Man arrested for stealing rental car
- Man wanted in Olmsted County
- Car hits school bus in Olmsted County