MASON CITY, Iowa - A recently relaunched restaurant at the Mason City Municipal Airport is taking off sooner than expected.
"Patriot Wings Bar & Grill" officially opened on the east side of the airport terminal on Monday, and has already seen quite a few customers.
Owner Mark Holt immediately started renovating the space after taking over two months ago, and could see the restaurant possibly expand into a franchise.
"We'll own 90%, and as our money comes out, they'll own more. We'll always retain 10% so we can fund the next franchise."
Holt is part of a group that teaches business coaching to veterans who want to rejoin civilian life, and may want to open businesses. Some of those include Patriot Motorsport in Mississippi, Warrior Passion in California, and even setting up some off-road race trucks for amputees.
"And with that, they get business coaching from a financial perspective, business coach, marketing perspective, things like that."
While coming up with what to name the restaurant, Holt says he chose patriot in honor of those who have served, as well as wanting to give back to those who have given so much.
"It's about patriots. And patriots don't have to be in the military. Our patriots are thin blue line, red line, all of the first responders...they're all patriots."
- New restaurant at Mason City Airport taking off sooner than expected
- Flood debris pickup exceeding expectations in Mason City
- Mason City man takes plea deal in drug case
- Evacuations taking place in parts of SW Mason City
- Search for Mason City Fire Chief takes another turn
- Mason City vs. Mason City.... in the Big Dance!
- SAW: Mason City's Danny Kamm
- House fire in Mason City
- Mason City Fire Chief resigns
- SAW: Mason City's Hannah Faktor