MOWER COUNTY, Minn. – Moms with newborns know the struggle of breastfeeding in public, and the Mower County Free Fair is trying to make it a little easier.
This year, their office building is home to a new mother’s room.
The space allows privacy for moms who want it, to breastfeed their babies inside and in air conditioning.
It also provides safety for moms with multiple kids.
“If you are out in public and trying to keep track of a two-year-old too, it can be very difficult,” Chris Weis, the community health specialist for Mower County, said. “Having this as a secure, safe place for their other children is always a bonus.”
The room is funded by State Health Improvement Partnerships, also known as SHIP.
- New Mother's Room at Mower County Free Fair
- Mower County fugitive sentenced
- Mitchell County man dies in Mower County
- Looking into safety at Mower County Fair safety after incidents in Freeborn County
- Big donation for Mower County United Way
- Truck hits tree in Mower County
- Crash on icy I-90 in Mower County
- Nora Springs woman in Mower County crash
- Federal money for Mower County watershed
- Mower County dentist office visits schools