ALBERT LEA, Minn. - People are facing injuries after an accident involving a motorcycle.
The Minnesota State Patrol said it happened just before noon Saturday, at the top of the Interstate 90 ramp and Bridge Avenue.
A pick-up truck, driven by 52-year-old Kurt Welker of Owatonna, was heading west across Bridge Avenue when it was struck on the passenger side by a southbound Harley Davidson motorcycle.
The motorcycle was driven by 41-year-old Adam Gimberline of Wells. He also had a 36-year-old passenger, Heidi Gimberline.
According to the Minnesota State Patrol the Gimberline's were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries, neither of them were wearing helmets at the time of the crash.
No on in the pick-up truck sustained injuries including the driver Kurt Welker and his passengers Judith and Leah Welker.
Albert Lea Police and Fire, Gold Cross, and the Minnesota DNR responded.
- Motorcycle accident in Freeborn County
- Motorcycle crash in Freeborn County
- One-vehicle accident in Freeborn County
- Three-vehicle accident in Freeborn County
- Boating accident in Freeborn County injures two
- Highway 52 Motorcycle Accident
- Freeborn County Relay for Life
- Rider hurt after Rochester motorcycle accident
- Deer Vs. Motorcycle Accident Injuries One
- Minor car/motorcycle accident in Austin