ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Minnesota Rep. Jason Lewis is being checked for a concussion after the train he was on with other Republicans struck a garbage truck, but an aide says Lewis is otherwise OK.
The train taking House Republicans from Washington to a retreat in West Virginia collided with the garbage truck in Crozet, Virginia on Wednesday. The White House confirmed one fatality and one serious injury.
Lewis's staff says he was taken to a local hospital to be tested for a concussion. An aide says the first-term congressman is fine.
Fellow Minnesota Reps. Erik Paulsen and Tom Emmer were also on board the train. Both lawmakers say they were unhurt.
- Minnesota congressman checked for concussion after train crash
- Minnesota congressman's 'slut' radio comments flare up again
- Reynolds signs bill requiring school concussion rules
- Congressman King discusses controversial tweet
- NE Iowans crash in SE Minnesota
- College basketball team bus crashes in Minnesota
- Minnesota snow crash numbers exceed 400 Tuesday
- I-35 crash in Minnesota injures three Iowans
- Clear Lake driver in southern Minnesota crash
- 1 killed in southern Minnesota motorcycle crash