ST. PAUL, Minn. – Governor Mark Dayton is ordering the Minnesota National Guard to provide assistance and emergency relief in 61 counties facing a severe spring snow storm.
This emergency executive order includes Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Mower, and Olmsted counties. It comes after the Rock County Sheriff’s Office asked to use the Luverne Armory to shelter people from the storm in Magnolia after downed power lines caused major power outages Friday.
The order will remain in effect until emergency conditions come to an end.
- Minnesota National Guard to help storm victims
- Minnesota nationally recognized for road safety
- SE Minnesota trail gets national designation
- MN National Guard may help with Super Bowl security
- Over 120 crashes in first big Minnesota snow storm
- SE Minnesota drivers being warned about another snow storm
- MN National Guard called out to assist motorists stuck in the snow
- President to "immediately" deploy the National Guard at the U.S./Mexico border
- April 8-14 marks National Crime Victims' Rights Week
- Minnesota state wrestling- Saturday