MASON CITY, Iowa- A memorial to remember the late Alex Kuhn, former Mason City At-Large Councilman, who died in 2016 is still in the works.
His father Mark Kuhn presented the update of where they are at with raising money and finding a sculptor. He said they raised over $30 thousand from nearly 450 individuals and 14 businesses. Kuhn said they will be having a bronze statue made of Alex reading to students by a sculptor in Colorado who has had a number of pieces in the “Sculptures on Parade.” This too will be a part of the parade.
While the destination has not yet been finalized, Kuhn said he would like it to be in front of the library.
“Alex came here a lot with his two sons,” he said. “They were a part pf the summer reading program and of course he was the Mason City At-large Councilman. It just seems fitting.”
The full sculpture will cost around $50 thousand. Kuhn says they are collecting donation at Mason City City Hall.
- Memorial sculpture is well on its way
- Sleep Linked to Memory Troubles
- SAW: Thanks for the memories!
- Traveling war memorial in Britt this weekend
- May 15th marks 'Peace Officers Memorial Day'
- Memorial Day Heat Wave moving in
- "Light the Night" in AJ's memory
- Bancroft Memorial Park 'a house of worship'
- Traveling military memorial comes to Dodge County